The BMW GS models celebrate their 40th anniversary in 2020 and BMW Motorrad presents the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure just in time for it. Even more sophisticated, more innovative and fascinating, thanks to the many new features and the wide range of optional equipment and Original Accessories.
“An inspiring performance, an impressive range of equipment, an experience of incomparable driving and an almost unshakable trust of the GS customers on their motorcycles contribute significantly to the success of the brand BMW Motorrad. That was a incentive and at the same time an obligation for new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure ». Patrick Gürlich, Project Manager, and Reiner Fings, Product Manager.
The new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure: Even more sophisticated and innovative for off-road, touring and adventure
The BMW GS models celebrate their 40th anniversary in 2020 and BMW Motorrad presents the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure just in time for it. Even more sophisticated, more innovative and fascinating, thanks to the lots of news and to the wide range of optional equipment and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories. Even more than before, they are the perfect companions to discover even the most remote corners of our planet by motorcycle.
As before, the legendary two-cylinder boxer engine ensures superior handling. It still has a displacement of 1,254 cm3 and, with the current EU5 vehicle approval, it continues to have a capacity of 100 kW (136 hp). Thanks to BMW’s ShiftCam technology for varying control time and valve lift on the intake side, it provides superior power across the entire speed range, extremely smooth and quiet operation, and exceptional fuel economy and emissions.
Even more than before, they are the perfect companions to discover even the most remote corners of the planet by motorcycle.
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and new “Eco” driving mode as standard
Driving modes Pro with driving mode preselection and dynamic engine brake control as optional equipment.
He Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) guarantees a high level of driving safety thanks to the best possible traction as standard. With the new “Eco” driving mode as standard, the driver is encouraged to drive as efficiently as possible.
As factory optional equipment, the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure can be equipped with the Pro driving modes option. With the new driving mode preselection, the rider can have an individual selection of modes on the mode button.
He dynamic engine brake control it is also a new component of the Pro Riding Modes. It can be used to safely avoid unstable driving conditions, which can occur when rolling or when downshifting due to excessive brake slip on the rear wheel.
New BMW Integral ABS Pro as standard.
The R 1250 GS and the R 1250 GS Adventure are the world’s most popular travel Enduros, in their latest edition with the BMW Integral ABS Pro serial. It is a braking system that provides even more safety when braking, even in a leaning position, and goes even further, so to speak. Further expansion of the driving mode concept results in more new functions. For example, advanced adaptation of the characteristics of ABS control to each driving mode.
Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with advanced function as factory optional equipment
The start-up assistant Hill Start Control It comes standard on both models and allows for a comfortable stop and start when driving uphill. Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) goes beyond the comfort system of Hill Start Control and remarkably improves startup performance in all conditions.}
New adaptive LED headlights, new lighting function, cruise light and turn signal bulbs with integrated function as optional equipment ex works.
The standard LED headlight already illuminates the road with a clear and bright light. A new lighthouse with turn function goes one step further. With optional equipment «adaptive beacon«, The low beam of the LED series headlamp moves around the curve depending on the position. Curves light up almost completely in this way because the light illuminates the place where the motorcycle is moving.
The new lighting functions make the experience with the R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure even more intense and practical at the same time. In the future, the welcome light (“Welcome” function), the “Good bye” function and the “Follow me home” function for orientation will be available as optional equipment. With the optional light equipment, the two front indicator bulbs are operated so that they dim permanently and simultaneously.
In the case of multifunctional rear indicator lights, the standard rear indicators are replaced by LED indicators (depending on the market), which can simultaneously emit yellow flashing light and red brake light or tail light.
Vehicle voltage and USB sockets as standard. Seat heating for driver and passenger to increase touring capacity, as well as 30mm handlebar risers as optional equipment ex works
The new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure already have two different plugs as standard. A 12 V voltage socket for the vehicle and a USB-A socket with 5 V supply. seat heating for the driver and passenger, as factory optional equipment, it also provides a significant increase in comfort at low temperatures.
A new operating concept allows a particularly easy handling. In addition to the various driver’s seats and footrests available as optional equipment or original BMW Motorrad accessories, now handlebar height can also be adjusted with handlebar risers available as an option.
The new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure: Experience in travel, off-road and adventure, each in an attractive basic color and the two trim variants: triple black and Rallye and the GS 40th anniversary commemoration with the special edition «40 years GS».
In their respective basic versions, the new BMW R 1250 GS Y R 1250 GS Adventure His more precise nature and universal talents stand out in solid white and ice gray. In addition, the triple black and Rallye style variants, available ex works as optional equipment, each offer two particularly expressive color concepts. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of the BMW GS models, the two new GS models with “40 Years GS” in black and yellow are based on a milestone in GS history: the legendary R 100 GS.
The highlights of the new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure:
- Original Boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology to vary the control times and the lift of the valves on the intake side.
- Powerful acceleration throughout the speed range, exemplary fuel economy and emissions, as well as a smooth and quiet ride.
- Power and torque: 100 kW (136 hp) at 7,750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6,250 rpm.
- Shock sensor system for better touring capacity.
- New BMW Motorrad Integral ABS Pro as standard.
- Three driving modes as standard.
- New “Eco” driving mode for particularly economical driving as standard.
- Pro Riding Modes with additional Riding Modes and new mode preselection as well as dynamic engine brake control as optional equipment ex works.
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard.
- Dynamic ESA «Next Generation» electronic chassis with fully automatic load compensation.
- Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with advanced function as factory optional equipment.
- New adaptive LED headlamp as optional factory equipment.
- New built-in function lights, cruise lights and flashing bulbs as optional equipment ex works.
- Vehicle voltage and USB sockets as standard.
- Seat heating for driver and passenger to increase ride and ride capacity as optional equipment ex works.
- 30mm handlebar risers as optional factory equipment.
- In addition to the standard seat height adjustment, a wide range of factory seat height options are available.
- Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument panel with 6.5-inch full-color TFT display and numerous functions as standard on the R 1250 GS.
- Smart emergency call as optional equipment ex works.
- An attractive base color each and the two variants Triple Black and Rallye as optional equipment ex works.
- Anniversary edition «40 years GS».
- Extension of the range of optional equipment and Genuine BMW Motorrad accessories.